Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Musée du Louvre

World's largest museum. This was my first destination in Paris. The external building itself is a historical monument. From the train station Gare de l'Est, I walked to Musée du Lourve (about 10 mins).

Standing in-front of Lourve, I was opened-mouth. The size of this muzeum is much bigger than I expected from what I've seen the pictures on Internet and heard from others. It took me sometime to walk around this magnificient building, that was once called Lourve Palace in the late 12th century. 

In the middle of this gigantic buiding,  you can find a big open space with a glass pyramid and water fountain. The entrance is in the pyramid. Here, I felt myself so minute..


The see-through pyramid allows you to peep into the 'under-ground' exhibits. Allocate yourself minimum of 3 days to see all objects in this museum (include long queuing time).



At the edge of the museum, a lovely French garden awaits you. Perfect!
Just admiring and walking around this building externally, I spent 2 hours.